Instructional Technology is defined by the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) as is the theory and practice of design, development, utilization, management and evaluation of processes and resources for learning. As an instructional technology specialist, our job responsibilities include: designing and providing professional development for staff members, technology training for staff & students and guiding teachers with integrate technology into classroom instruction. We also provide online professional development courses. These courses are described in our P.L.A.D.O. course catalog which can be found at http://portal.walton.k12.ga.us
Instructional Technology Specialist Responsibilities
- Our future goal is to have at least one Instructional Technology Specialist in every school.
- We plan to be in schools as much as possible and to use part of our time training and part of the time providing technology integration support with individual teachers.
- We will schedule training sessions for staff for any items that are included in school improvement plans that deal with technology and require technology training.
- We also plan to offer some face-to-face courses at the board office annex as we have done in the past.
- We are in the process of implementing online training courses and help files for the various software packages that are in use in the district. This will allow many more staff members access to training on their own time schedule and from home, if they choose. A number of these are already in place.
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards
- ISTE Standards for Students (ISTE Standards•S): The standards for evaluating the skills and knowledge students need to learn effectively and live productively in an increasingly global and digital world.
- ISTE Standards for Teachers (ISTE Standards•T): The standards for evaluating the skills and knowledge educators need to teach, work and learn in an increasingly connected global and digital society.
- ISTE Standards for Administrators (ISTE Standards•A): The standards for evaluating the skills and knowledge school administrators and leaders need to support digital age learning, implement technology and transform the instruction landscape.
- ISTE Standards for Coaches (ISTE Standards•C): The skills and knowledge technology coaches need to support peers in becoming digital educators.