Aug. 21 - Dismissal will be delayed by 30 minutes.
In order to give our students the opportunity to view the eclipse, the district has decided to delay dismissal by 30 minutes on August 21. Safety glasses that meet the requirements of ISO 12312-2 will be provided for all students and teachers free of charge.
The bus fleet consist of 132 conventional school buses and 31 special needs buses equipped with electronic surveying equipment. The bus fleet will travel approximately 1.6 million miles this school year and consume over 280,000 gallons of fuel.
All new bus drivers will receive the following State and County Requirements:
In addition to the above, all drivers:
- 12 hours classroom training (State)
- 12 hours driver training without students
- 12 hours driver training with students
- 12 hours county training
- Must obtain an annual DOE physical
- Required to participate in Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Obtain and pass a criminal background clearance
- Receive CPR, First-Aid and Epi-Pen training
- Receive training in Bullying and Child Abuse
- Implement a student management system to encourage children to examine their behavior toward the rights of others and safety
- Must attend State of Georgia Department of Education Safey Meeting
- Participate in monthly safety meeting
Bruce Clark Director
Pamela HughesRouting Supervisor