Walton County School District provides comprehensive educational services to assure students with disabilities, ages three through 21 a free appropriate public education. Special education and related services designed to meet the students’ unique needs, prepares them for employment and independent living.
Some of the state of Georgia’s Performance Goals for Students with Disabilities are:
Comprehensive educational services are also provided for gifted and able learners K-12. Eligible gifted students are encouraged to pursue excellence in academic knowledge, skills and behaviors through state approved delivery models providing differentiated instruction.
- Decrease the percentage of students with disabilities who drop out of school.
- Increase the percentage of students with disabilities who earn a regular high school diploma.
- Increase the percentage of students with disabilities who transition to employment or post-secondary education.
- Increase the percentage of young children referred by parents, or other agencies prior to age three who are determined eligible and have an IEP implemented by the third birthday.
- Increase the percentage of time young children with disabilities spend in natural environments with typically developing peers.
- Increase the percentage of students with disabilities who receive their instruction in the general education setting with appropriate supports and accommodations.
- Increase the performance of students with disabilities on statewide assessments when given appropriate accommodations.
- Decrease the percentage of students with disabilities who are removed from their school or placements for disciplinary reasons.
- Increase the percentage of parents of children receiving special education services who report that schools encouraged parent involvement to improve results for students with disabilities.
About this Site
This site is designed to give parents and teachers the resources and references available to better equip you for the education of your exceptional child/student. Use this site to find disability related information, helpful links, announcements on conferences and upcoming events and as a point of reference for any related concerns regarding exceptional education.