Steps CAN INCLUDE AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Behavior Issues (make sure you are following IEP, 504, RTI, BIP-Behavior intervention plan)
· Disobeying classroom rules
· Class disruption
· Disregard of teacher’s instruction
· Can include level one offenses
· Classroom tardy
• Teachers will keep step logs referring to why steps were given. This will include date, time, and parent contact. Submit electronic step system to GLA quarterly.
• The step system will be used as a progressive plan to avoid referrals. Referrals are part of a student’s educational/behavioral record.
• Teams will be consistent and relay their expectations in class to their students.
• All steps will reset at the beginning of each 8 week period.
• Steps are issued by a teacher not by a team. Teachers may not combine steps.