Walton County Board of Education Policy JCDB states students are to dress in a manner that is reasonable and not distracting to other students and teachers. Any dress of an extreme nature will not be tolerated.
The following guidelines are the regulations that support WCPS Policy JCDB:
1. Students must be in compliance as they go about their normal school routines.
2. Students may not adjust their clothing in an attempt to correct clothing already deemed unacceptable.
3. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
4. The “3 X 5” Rule (using a 3x5 index card)
- All dress and skirt lengths will be no shorter than 3” above the knee.
- All pants, shorts, and gym shorts lengths will be no shorter than 5” above the knee.
- The highest point of any slit in a dress, skirt, pants, or shorts must be no shorter than 5” above the knee. No exposed skin may show through holes, slits, rips, or tears in clothing higher than 5” above the knee.
5. Skirts, pants, shorts, gym shorts, shirts, and blouses:
|- Skirts, pants, and shorts must be fastened and worn above the hipbone, fitting at the inseam and at the waistline.|| - Sleeveless shirts/blouses must have a shoulder width fabric or at least three fingers.|
| - Clothing should not be extremely tight or form fitting as to cause a distraction.|| - No sleepwear shall be worn.|
| - No cleavage shall be visible.|| - No sheer or “see through” clothing shall be worn.|
| - No exposed undergarments are allowed.|| - No spandex skirts shall be worn.|
| - No part of the midriff or torso shall be visible.|| |
* Only slacks, khakis, jeans/denim, and loose cotton or nylon sweatpants may be worn. NO tights, leggings, jeggings, or spandex-style yoga pants unless covered by an appropriate length – to the end of the student’s fingertips.
6. No head coverings except when used as a headband shall be worn inside the building(s). (To include but not limited to hats, ball caps, visors, knit hats, and hoods). No face coverings shall be worn, including sunglasses used as eyewear.
7. No personal items on a person, book bag/backpack, notebook, purse, locker, or vehicle shall contain the following:
- Suggestive language, graphics, symbols, or slogans.
- Profane language, graphics, symbols, or slogans.
- Any references (language, graphics, symbols, or slogans) to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons, or gangs.
- Any references (language, graphics, symbols, or slogans) that can be deemed offensive to others.
- Any language, graphics, symbols, or slogans that are not in keeping with the values of the community.
8. Any “dress” (clothing, hair color, jewelry, accessories, piercings, etc.) determined by an administrator to be of an extreme nature is prohibited and is a violation of the Dress Code.
9. All Physical Education classes must adhere to the dress code outlined in the PE syllabus. First and fourth period students must adhere to the overall LHS dress code on their way to and from PE.
10. During school and athletic activities, all students must wear shirts and shoes.
11. During LHS sponsored events, including dances, student dress must be appropriate. This includes dress length and midriff regulations. These requirements also apply to students’ dates.
12. LHS administration will make the final decision about Dress Code related issues.
13. If student is out of dress code in ISS then another day of ISS may be added.