Check Out Procedure
Checking students out of school is strongly discouraged especially from 2:30-3:30 p.m. However, we do understand that sometimes it is unavoidable. If you must check your child out, please do so before the last hour of school. In the event you must check your child out during the last hour, please provide the front office with a doctor's note the following day. This is to ensure consistency in the procedure and minimize interruption in the classroom. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Paying By Check
Envision Payment Solutions™ is pleased to have been selected by Walton County School District as its check service provider.
Please be aware that if your check is returned, it may be re-presented electronically. Also, in presenting a check for payment, you authorize service charges and processing fees to be debited from the same account should the check be dishonored. These fees, as permitted by state law, may be debited as a paper draft or an electronic funds transfer, at our option. Each dishonored item is subject to the applicable state returned check fees.
Click here for a parent letter outlining the returned check policy of WCSD.
Click here for the same letter in Spanish.
ARES Student Dress Code
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- Skirts, pants, and shorts must be fastened and worn above the hip bone.
- No exposed undergarments are allowed. Shirt straps must be 2 fingers in width. No cleavage or midriff shall be visible. No sheer or "see through” clothing shall be worn.
- No sleepwear shall be worn; including bedroom slippers (with the exception of pajama day).
- The “3 x 5” rule in regards to attire: (using a 3 x 5 card) all dress and skirt lengths will be no shorter than 3” above the knee. All short lengths will be no shorter than 5” above the knee. The highest point of any slit in a dress or skirt much be no shorter than 5” above the knee. Holes, slits, rips or tears in clothing 5” above the knee must be covered - no skin showing.
- No headgear shall be worn in the building. This includes hats, ball caps, sunglasses, bandanas, scarves, handkerchiefs, or hoodies.
- No choke chains, wallet chains, studs, dog collars, or heavy metal “jewelry.”
- No item of clothing, jewelry, or headgear shall contain the following:
- Any language, graphics, symbols, or slogans that are not keeping with the values of the community
- Suggestive language, graphics symbols or slogans
- Any references that can be considered demeaning to others
- Profane language, graphics, symbols or slogans
- Any references to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or gangs
- Flip-flops shall not be worn as shoes. Backless shoes (slides, clogs) shall not be permitted.