What is the PINES PLAY Card?
The Azalea Regional Library System
, Walton County Libraries, and Walton County School District recognize that reading is critical to academic success. We have partnered to offer the PINES PLAY (PINES Library Access for Youth) card - a digital library card account especially for students in grades K-12 - to all students in Walton County Schools.What are the benefits?
Your student can check out up to five items and place two holds at once with the PLAY Card. PLAY Cards do not accrue fines
for overdue items. (Fines will still accrue for lost, damaged, or long overdue items.) Use the PLAY Card account to access digital resources available only to library cardholders at https://gapines.org/
Students are eligible for a PLAY card even if they already have a PINES library card.How do I get a PLAY Card?
- All students in WCSD will automatically be issued a PINES PLAY Card account.
Check out digital e-books, audiobooks & digital magazines!
- A robust collection of print and digital resources and services.
- eBooks, audiobooks, and digital magazines for all ages via OverDrive, Freading, and Sebco Books.
- Titles return automatically with no fines!
Get help with homework and more!
- Tutor.com: Individualized academic and career support in both English and Spanish languages.
GALILEO’s online offerings include eRead Kids; Novelist; Gale Legal Forms Library; MANGO Languages; Job and Career Accelerator; Ancestry Library Edition; Tumble Book Library; Heritage Quest; Consumer Reports; and many more.
- Words2Reading is a tool that provides simple and easy-to-understand instructional tips and strategies that can be used to assist in developing rich oral language, reading, and writing opportunities to help ensure school readiness and success.
Learn or practice a new language!
- Mango Languages: Online courses in 70 + languages!
Visit the Walton County Libraries
- O'Kelly Memorial Library, Loganville
- Monroe-Walton County Library, Monroe
- Walnut Grove Library, Walnut Grove
Plus, use your PLAY Card to check out park and museum passes!
- Free park and museum passes are also available for check out, thanks to a partnership with the Georgia Public Library Service (GPLS). For more information about all of the partnership offerings, visit their partnerships page.
What if I don't want my child to have a PLAY card?