Mission: Explore and appreciate nature
Meeting: Wednesday, October 7th from 2:30-3:15 in Room 1224.
We will be doing a project and discussing possible excursions.
On all of our outings, we will be focusing on developing a "Leave No Trace" mentality:
Leave No Trace Principles for Kids
- Know Before You Go
- Choose The Right Path
- Trash Your Trash
- Leave What You Find
- Be Careful With Fire
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Kind To Other Visitors
THINGS FOR YOU TO DO AT HOME:
- Put up a bird feeder.
- Write letters to legislators about sponsoring a "bottle bill" and other environmental issues.
- RECYCLE: Paper!! Bottles!! Plastic!! Cans!!! Other metals!!
- Pick up litter when you see it.
- Don't use unnecessary chemicals in your garden.
- Plant flowers to attract butterflies and other pollinators.
- Don't keep wild animals for pets.
- Call a wildlife rehabilitator if you see an injured animal.
- Support state and national parks.
- Recycle your Christmas tree for wildlife: https://goo.gl/Pgo1g5