We have purchased licenses for our teachers to take learning courses online on a variety of subjects. These courses are not tied directly to our PLATO system so no PLUs are attached. However, there are a number of useful topics that would be helpful for many areas of utilizing technology in the classroom. You are welcome to take any of these courses to increase your knowledge without gaining PLUs. If you would like to receive a PLU, see How To Earn PLUs below.
Signing in to Simple K12
You can navigate through the system by clicking on:
- Go to www.simplek12.com
- Click on the Login button on the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- User Name: school email address
- Password: password
- Please note that anyone that used this system previously or self-registered, will need to use their original password. If you have forgotten or have problems signing in, click on the Forgot Password button. DO NOT CLICK ON NEW USER BUTTON AND ADD YOURSELF
- You will be asked to confirm your email, set a display name and edit your profile. You can change your password on the Profile Edit page and you are ready to go!
- NOTE: If you cannot get signed in, please submit a helpdesk so that we can research the issue.
How To Earn PLUs
- Catalog to browse through a wide range of web based training modules and webinars.
- Webinars to browse through informative webinars with subject matter experts. Sign up for upcoming webinars or view recorded sessions.
- Trainers to learn more about our Webinar presenters.
- Shared Resources to browse through and download resources by educators from all over the world. You can also share your own resources.
- Forums to set up Personal Learning Networks through Discussion Boards.
- Search Box to look for specific trainings.
- Your Name - Click on your name at the top of the screen then the View Profile button to edit your information and view/print out transcripts and certificates of completion.
- NOTE: Transcripts are sorted alphabetically, not by date. To see the list sorted by date, click on Date at the top of the list.
Questions and Answers
- Once you select a webinar or training, the details section will list the credit hours earned by completing the training.
- To earn a PLU you must earn 10 credit hours by piecing together different trainings.
- You can see how many credit hours you have accumulated by clicking on your name at the top of the screen, clicking on the View Profile button, then clicking on the Transcripts button.
- To submit your transcript for PLUs change the date range at the top of the transcript screen to the current school year (ie, 7/1/2015 - 6/30/2016) by clicking on the date range box and selecting "Date Range" (last option).
- Once you have changed the date range, click the Update button.
- NOTE: Transcripts are sorted alphabetically, not by date. Click on Date at the top of the list to sort by date before printing.
- Click the Print button and either print to a PDF and email to email@example.com or print a hard copy and send to Duane Embry at the Annex. Click here for an example transcript.
- Once the transcript is received it will be recorded in PLADO and you will receive a PLU.
Q: How long does each course take?
A: Most courses/webinars are either 30 minutes or one hour.
Q: How many courses do I need to take to earn a PLU?
A: You need to take enough course so that your credit hours add up to 10 hours. This would translate to anywhere from 10 1-hour trainings or 20 30-minute trainings (or anything inbetween as long as it adds up to 10 hours).
Q: Do all of the trainings taken have to relate to each other or can it be a mixture of topics?
A: You can put together any trainings that interest you - they do not need to be on the same topic. The only limitation is that they cannot be the exact training you have done in the past.