All downloads to the Chromebook, including any photos, videos, or apps, must abide by the Walton County School District Acceptable Use Policy outlined in the Student Code of Conduct. Chromebooks are intended for educational use only.
Students will be permitted to take their Chromebooks home, but the Optional Protection Program fee must be paid in advance. Payments can be made under "Activities" in My Payments Plus.
If students are diligent about following school procedures damages are unlikely to occur.
Common Causes for Broken Chromebooks:
1. Carrying Chromebooks with lid open
Chromebooks power up quickly, so it is safer to shut the lid when transporting.
2. Carrying Chromebooks by the screen
Too much pressure by your fingers causes damage to the LCD in the screen.
3. Not gently removing headphones or earbuds.
Headphone jacks can easily break off in the Chromebook.
4. Closing the lid with pencils, earbuds and cords, pens, etc. laying on the keyboard
Closing the lid with items on the keyboard will damage the LCD screen.
5. Leaving the Chromebook on the floor or sitting in a chair.
Chromebooks can get stepped on and/or sat on and crushed.
6. Having food or drinks near the Chromebook.
Liquids and food get inside the keyboard causing the keyboard to have to be replaced.
Please see fee schedule below: