Inclement Weather Announcement
Due to anticipated inclement weather, all schools and administrative offices will be closed tomorrow, Jan. 17. No students or employees are to report.
- Saturday, September 9: Urban hike Childers Park in Monroe. Fun day of hiking, exploring - we saw a bat in a bathouse! We checked on the butterfly garden that we helped to install last year - it's doing great! And visited the Monroe Art Museum and ended at Scoops!
- Saturday, October 28: Callaway Gardens. Fee: $25. Leave YMS at 8:30 AM and return at 6:30 PM. We will hike, explore, go to the AMAZING bird show, the butterfly house and have a picnic.
- Saturday, February 17: Burton 4-H Center, Tybee Island. Fee: $125. Leave YMS at 6AM and return at 9PM. Yes, it will be a LONG day, but worth it! We'll explore the beach, the marsh and the animals exhibits at Burton.
- Spring field tip: To be announced...maybe another cave trip....
- Saturday, October 8: Dauset Trails near Jackson, GA (www.dausettrails.com). Fee: $5. Leave YMS at 9AM and return at 3PM.
- Saturday, November 19: Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA (http://www.callawaygardens.com/). Fee: $20. This will be a day of hiking, seeing a bird show, exploring the butterfly house and having a picnic. We will discuss conservation and aim to have a "leave no trace" mentality.
- Saturday, March 11: VOTE for where you want to go!
- Saturday, April 29: Arabia Mountain and AWARE Wildlife Center, Conyers, GA. Fee: $5
- May......possibly KAYAKING!!!
- One meeting per month at YMS - and several Saturday field trips!
- T-Shirts. Order for $10; long sleeve $14