1. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
2. The “3X5” Rule (using a 3x5 index card)
All dress and skirt lengths will be no shorter than 3” above the knee.
All pants, shorts, and gym shorts lengths will be no shorter than 5” above the knee.
3. Rules for Clothing
Skirts, pants, and shorts must be worn above the hipbone, fitting at the inseam and at the waistline.
Holes, slits, rips or tears in clothing 5” above the knee but be covered-No Skin showing. (Admin Discretion)
No cleavage shall be visible.
Clothing should not be extremely tight or form fitting as to cause a distraction.
No sleepwear shall be worn; this includes bedroom slippers.
Sheer or “see through” clothing shall be worn with a tank top or shirt that covers midriff and cleavage areas. No undergarments can be exposed.
No part of midriff shall be visible.
Tights, leggings, jeggings, joggers, or yoga pants may be worn covered by an appropriate length shirt that covers the front and back side.
No tank tops or sleeveless shirts (No exposed shoulders- Ex. Cold-shoulder shirts or off-the shoulder shirts)
All coats and jackets are not to exceed the length of the knee.
4. No head coverings; this includes ball caps, hats, sunglasses, bandanas, or hoodies.
No ball caps worn attached to the pants.
5. Heavy metal jewelry, wallet chains, or others similar items are not permitted.
6. No item of clothing, jewelry, headgear, or other visible personal items shall contain the following:
Suggestive language, graphics, symbols or slogans
Profane language, graphics, symbols or slogans
Any reference language, graphics, symbols or slogans that are demeaning or discriminating to others (ex. Confederate flag, Malcolm X symbols, etc)
Any language, graphics, symbols or slogans that are not in keeping with the values of the community.
7. Any “dress” (clothing, hair color, jewelry, accessories, piercings, etc) determined by the dress code
designee or an administrator to be of an extreme nature is prohibited and is a violation of dress code.
8. All students taking Physical Education classes will abide by the dress code as outlined above.
Consequences for Dress Code Violations:
First Offense: Students will be required to call home for a change of clothing or provided appropriate clothing. Student will wait in ISS until change of clothing arrives.Repeat Offenses: Student will be referred to an administrator for further action.