Y.E.S. opened in August 2002. Our colors are green and yellow. Our mascot is Stinger, the yellow jacket. We are very excited to have created a tradition of academic excellence that makes our community proud. To all the challenges that come our way, we say...
"Y.E.S. We Can!"
At Youth Elementary, we are dedicated to student success. Our goal is to provide a positive and nurturing environment for all children. Through staff, family and community partnerships, we will empower students to achieve academically and socially for lifelong learning in a changing world.
Youth Striving for Excellence in School
- Each student is a valued individual with unique intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs.
- Each student is provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support his or her learning.
- Teachers, staff, administrators, parents, students, and community members share in providing a supportive and collaborative learning environment which advances the school's mission.
- Character development, collaboration, citizenship skills, and multicultural awareness are a foundation for preparing our students to be moral and productive citizens.
- Clear goals and high expectations for student achievement guide the development of the curriculum and the design of instructional strategies, learning activities, and assessment.
- Each student is capable of learning and responsible for continuous improvement and personal growth, to the best of his or her ability.
- Students are required to demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, be actively involved in solving problems, and produce quality work to the best of their abilities.