Tryout Dates &
- May 7th - 9th; 3:00-5:30pm
- Attire/Equipment: Shirt (red, white, black, or gray), pants, cleats, facemask, glove, bat, and helmet.
- Current 5th graders trying out for a manager position will be allowed to attend tryouts late
- 5th graders- Please be
at the field as close to 3:45 as possible!
NOT check out of school early to come to tryouts!
- Managers are not allowed to play in games, but will receive ample practice time to prepare them for the 2019 season as prospective players.
- The following forms must be turned into Coach Conwell before the tryout date. Coach Conwell is located in Room 810. Fifth graders can turn in paperwork to the LMS front office.
o Physical form:
o Insurance Waiver:
- Must be passing 4 out of 5 classes
- Must be enrolled as a sixth, seventh, or eighth grade student at Loganville Middle School.
Day of Tryouts:
- Players will bring their bat bags/clothes bags to the Girl’s Athletic Locker Room BEFORE HOMEROOM in the morning. All players will be dismissed on the CAR RIDER BELL and report to the lunch room for further instructions.
Parking during tryouts: Parents must park in the front of the building.
All parents who plan to watch tryouts, may do so. However, parents must sit on the hill next to the gym. Parents are not allowed on the field or near the dugouts/fence during tryouts.
Tryouts: Monday- Base running, fielding, hitting, pitching/catching
1st Cut- check website by 7pm. If your number is posted, come back Tuesday
Tuesday- Hitting, fielding, pitching/catching
2nd Cut- check website by 7pm. If your number is posted, come back Wednesday
Wednesday- Situations, scrimmage
Final Cut- check website by FRIDAY after 2:30pm for official roster
After Tryouts: 24 Hour Rule- If a player or parent is unhappy with the outcome of the tryout(s), you must wait at least 24 hours before contacting Coach Conwell. Any contact (phone call or email) before 24 hours are up will not receive a response. (Contact should not be made until after 7pm the following day).
Transfer and Permissive Transfer Students: Once your player has completely registered with LMS, parents/player can request a tryout. Please contact Coach Conwell via email.
LHS Softball Camp: June 12-14. Please visit http://loganvillesoftball.weebly.com/camp.html for more information.
LMS Softball Team Website: http://www.walton.k12.ga.us/LMSSoftball.aspx
Facebook: LMS Softball (@LoganvilleMiddleSoftball)
Contact Information: Coach Conwell’s email: email@example.com