Inclement Weather Announcement
Due to anticipated inclement weather, all schools and administrative offices will be closed tomorrow, Jan. 17. No students or employees are to report.
2018 Tryout Information
Tryout Dates &
- May 7th - 9th; 3:00-5:30pm
- Current 5th graders trying out for a manager position will be allowed to attend tryouts late
- 5th graders- Please be
at the field as close to 3:45 as possible!
NOT check out of school early to come to try-outs!
- Managers are not allowed to play in games, but will receive ample practice time to prepare them for the 2019 season as prospective players.
- Attire/Equipment: Shirt (red, white, black, or grey),
pants, cleats, facemask, glove, bat, and helmet.
- These items must be turned into Coach Conwell before the tryout date. Coach Conwell is located in Room 810. Fifth graders can turn in paperwork to the LMS front office.
o Current physical form
o Insurance Waiver form
- Must be passing 4 out of 5 classes
- Two teacher recommendation forms
must be completed
- Must be enrolled as a sixth, seventh, or eighth grader at Loganville Middle School
- Must be on time and ready to tryout/practice every day
- Must have a good attitude and love softball
- Must be a team player
Day of Tryouts:
- Players will bring their bat bags/clothes bags to the Girl’s Athletic Locker Room BEFORE HOMEROOM in the morning. All players will be dismissed on the CAR RIDER BELL and report to the lunch room for further instructions.
- All parents who plan on watching tryouts, may do so. However, parents must sit on the hill next to the gym. Parents are not allowed on the field or near the dugouts/fence during tryouts.