The Harmony Elementary School Science Club is currently 60 members strong. The club is open to 3rd, 4th and 5th graders only. Our science club meets monthly, conducts experiments, provides community service to help our environment, recycles within our school and goes on field trips. Due to the large number of members, we cannot accept new members until the spring.
Science Club Admission Requirements
- Students must complete an application process in the spring, usually in March or early April for the following year.
- Potential members must have at least a “B” average and no in-school (ISS) or out-of-school (OSS) suspensions.
- Interested students must sign up and are then rated by teachers based on effort, behavior and responsibility.
- Approximately 25 students are chosen from each grade level (2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade) to complete an essay.
- Essays are judged by a committee of teachers.
- The top scorers are then offered admission into the club for the following year.