Resources for Students
Student Use of the Media Center
- Students will need their lunch number to check out books. Books are due two weeks from the date of check-out.
- Students may check out two books at a time. Books may be renewed as needed unless another student is waiting.
- Lost books must be replaced with the purchase price of the book, or with another copy of the book.
- Students are encouraged to visit the media center at any time to work on school assignments, look for books, or use computers.
- The media center is intended to be a student-friendly space to be used for investigation and collaboration. Productivity is required, but silence is not.
- Students must follow the acceptable use policy for technology outlined in the student agenda at all times. Inappropriate use of technology will result in an administrative referral.
Resources for Staff
Collaboration with Media Staff
The media specialist is to happy to help locate resources for your classes and to co-teach lessons involving information access and evaluation. This includes types of resources, website evaluation, and the research process. Please email Mrs. McElroy to in advance to schedule planning time and discuss the needs of your students.Poster Printer
The poster printer is to be used primarily for academic purposes. Documents can be made into posters only if they are intended to be used more than once. No full color posters will be printed (color accents are fine) due to the high cost of colored ink. Files to be printed as posters must be saved as a PDF.1:1 Chromebook Management and Implementation
Technical issues with Chromebooks should be reported by students and teachers to Ms. McElroy. If you are interested in implementing new technology tools into your instruction and you would like to schedule planning time or a classroom visit, please email the Technology Integration Specialist for our cluster, Ms. Courtney Lowe (email@example.com). Media Committee
The goal of the media center is to support the staff and students in their ability to meet academic goals in all curriculum areas. The committee is needed to assist the media center staff with collection planning. They are also needed to give feedback about media policies and procedures so that the media program goals can be revised if necessary. The CMS Leadership team will serve as the building’s media committee.