Week of Tryouts
1. M-W wear appropriate shorts, T-Shirt, tanks, tennis shoes, etc.
2. No jewelry, hair in ponytail as length allows
3. Thursday (tryouts) – wear solid color shirt and shorts (black and white)
The 2018-2019 Football and Basketball squads will be posted on the CMS Cheerleading website at 7:00 am on April 27. All decisions made by the judges and coach are final.
Please know what you are signing up for! Cheerleading is a time-consuming and expensive sport. Please review the CMS
Cheerleading Contract on the CMS Cheerleading website to confirm that you can meet the requirements.
1. Cheerleading costs are typically between $500-$600. This covers camp, camp clothes, uniform rental fee, shoes, backpack, warm-up, bow, etc.
2. A complete breakdown of costs and payment plan options will be discussed at the parent meeting held the week after tryouts. The date is to be announced, stay tuned for more information from Coach Cown.
3. Girls will not be allowed to participate in any cheerleading activities if payments are not current.
April 23-26--Tryouts (2:30-4:30)
**Parent Meeting will be announced with more important dates about
camps and summer practices.
Aug-Oct-- Football squad will practice on Tuesdays. Games are on Wednesdays.
Nov-Feb--Basketball squad will practice on Tuesdays.
Games are held on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Cheerleading Tryouts 2018
Clinic: April 23-25 (M-W); 2:30-4:30
Tryouts: April 26 (Thursday); 2:30-4:30 (girls will text when finished with their tryout to be picked up)
**If a candidate must miss all/part of any clinic day, she is responsible for learning the material on her own (NOT during the following day’s practice). Please note that final squad decisions can come down to responsibility, attendance and turning in forms, etc. on time.**
Register Under Quick Links (upper right corner of this page) by Friday, April 20
Squad Options: Girls DO NOT have a choice in squads, you must cheer for both football AND basketball seasons of the 2018-2019 school year.
3. A completed cheerleading application
Important! All girls must have the following items below to participate in tryouts. 2. 3 teacher recommendations via the Google Form, Coach Cown will also email this to teachers BUT girls are in charge of securing their own references.
1. A valid physical AND concussion waiver form
4. A signed cheerleading contract returned to Coach Cown.
All forms can be found on the CMS Cheerleading website. Forms are due to Coach Cown by Friday, April 20, 2018.