Walton County Board of Education Policy JCDB states students are to dress in a manner that is reasonable and not distracting to other students and teachers. Any dress of an extreme nature will not be tolerated. Each school principal will make final decisions regarding student dress in his or her school.
The following guidelines are the regulations that support WCPS Policy JCDB:
- Students must be in compliance as they go about their normal school routines.
- Students may not adjust their clothing in an attempt to correct clothing already deemed unacceptable.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- The “3x5” Rule (using 3x5 index card)
- All dress and skirt lengths will be no shorter than 3” above the knee.
- All pants, shorts, and gym shorts lengths will be no shorter than 5” above the knee.
- The highest point of any slit in a dress, skirt, pants, or shorts must be no shorter than 5” above the knee. No exposed skin may show through holes, slits, rips or tears in clothing higher than 5” above the knee.
- Refer to box below for skirts, pants, shorts, gym shorts, shirts and blouses:
Skirts, pants and shorts must be fastened and worn above the hipbone, fitting at the inseam and at the waistline.
Clothing should not be extremely tight or form fitting as to cause a distraction.
No cleavage shall be visible.
No exposed undergarments are allowed.
No sleeveless shirts shall be worn.
No part of midriff shall be visible.
No sleepwear shall be worn.
No sheer or “see through” clothing shall be worn.
No spandex skirts shall be worn.
No “oversized” shirt or blouse shall be worn.
Only slacks, khakis, jeans/denim, loose cotton or nylon sweatpants and corduroys may be worn. Tights, leggings, jeggings or spandex-style yoga pants are acceptable ONLY if the posterior area is fully covered.
- No head coverings except when used as a headband shall be worn inside the building(s). To include, but not limited to hats, ball caps, visors, bandanas, scarves, knit hats and hoods. No face coverings shall be worn including sunglasses used as eyewear.
- No item of clothing, jewelry, headgear or other visible personal items shall contain the following:
- Suggestive language, graphics, symbols or slogans.
- Profane language, graphics, symbols or slogans.
- ANY reference (language, graphics, symbols or slogans) that are demeaning to others.
- ANY reference (language, graphics, symbols or slogans) to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons or gangs.
- ANY language, graphics, symbols or slogans that are not in keeping with the values of the community.
- Any “dress” (clothing, hair color, jewelry, accessories, piercings, etc.) determined by the dress code designee to be of an extreme nature is prohibited and is a violation of dress code.
- All Physical Education Classes must adhere to the dress code outlined in the PE syllabus. STUDENTS MUST ADHERE TO THE OVERALL LMS DRESS CODE ON THEIR WAY TO AND FROM PE.
- Students violating the Loganville Middle dress code will be referred to the dress code designee.
- The dress code designee will make the final decision about dress code related issues.
- Violations of the Loganville Middle Dress Code will result in the following:
- First Offense: Offense warning recorded in the dress code notebook. Student asked to correct the dress code issue. Parent/guardian may be contacted to assist in resolving the dress code issue.
- Second Offense: Offense warning recorded in the dress code notebook. Student asked to correct the dress code issue. Parent/guardian may be contacted to assist in resolving the dress code issue. A student will receive an administrative warning and may receive disciplinary action.
- Third Offense: Student will receive an administrative referral.
- On All Levels of Dress Code Offenses:
- If the student is unable to correct the Dress Code violation, he or she may be placed in ISS for the remainder of the day or until such time as the issue is resolved.
- Upon correcting the Dress Code violation, the student may be permitted to his/her scheduled classes.
- If the student is out of dress code in ISS then another day of ISS may be added.
The principal has the right to modify or revoke the terms and conditions of the Loganville Middle Dress Code Policy at any time. Changes to this policy will be communicated through daily school announcements and will be posted on the Loganville Middle School website.